[ Up ] [ Simple Backup ] [ Simple Start Isolation ] [ 4 way switch (both) ] [ 4 way switch (one) ] [ Outboard with trolling battery ] [ Outboard with Backup ] [ Marine Links ]
Simple Starting Battery Isolation:
|For an economical way to isolate your starting battery from your
other deep cycle loads consider this setup. For
illustration simplicity, the remote manual switch and remote LED indicator connections are
- Optimized use of both starting and deep cycle battery types with sensitive electronic
loads isolated from the starting circuit.
- Extreme simplicity! Heavy Duty Switches are NOT needed! Zero!
None! Zip! Minimal wiring needs.
Alternator protection device NOT needed!
- External solenoids NOT required. Can be used with 300+ Amp alternator!
- Low Cost! Utilizes the low cost BIC-75150. And
with heavy duty switches costing as much as $30.00 to $90.00 each, consider your savings
by eliminating up to 3 of these. Save about $25.00 for an alternator
protection device. Save money by reducing the amount of wiring
required. Save labor dollars by simplifying installation.
- Easy, simple to understand, installation! Eliminate all the hole drilling
for those switches.
- Your house battery and loads will be automatically
isolated from your starting battery. Electronic devices
sensitive to voltage dropouts during starting will not be affected
(unless manually combined during starting.)
- Your starting battery need not be deep cycle.
- Simple automatic operation! Virtually free of human intervention.
No hassle, worry free.
- Simple manual parallel combination via a remote micro-switch.
From a remote console, you can use very small wire running a long distance to
switch the batteries in parallel.
- The Hellroaring BIC-75300 and BIC-75150 limits inrush currents when switching.
No arcing to wear out the device!
- Achieve full charge for both batteries. No diode voltage drop effect when ON! Very low
ON resistance (less than 0.008 ohms!)
- If your starting battery fails, you can not immediately crank with
your house battery. However, you may be able to transfer sufficient charge
from the house battery to the starting battery by manually combining them for at least 15
minutes. This is good practice for a deep cycle battery anyway. Keep in mind
that it will not fail due to house loads.